Wednesday, 24 July 2013

A second Elisabeth Bell image, a rocker card this time.....



Yes a rocker card, cut from a Spellbinders Decorative Grand Circles using my Grand Calibur A4 die cutting machine. This image of Elisabeth Bell's is called "Apple Thyme" and in true tradition I coloured her using Promarkers in lush green, grass green, blossom pink (on her tights) and then Graph It pen colours Tomato red with Halloween & Honey (on her top). I used 2 colours of Kanban spider web netting (red & lime green) with the same colours of feathers. I added an apple shaped yellow shaped apple tied with lush green satin ribbon & on the opposite side I tied a large bow with a red saddle stitched green ribbon, both of these were fixed in to place using Pinflair glue gel. (Both of these meet the requirements of one of the blog challenges that I have entered this card in to).
"Apple Thyme's" hair was coloured with Promarkers in the colours of black, cool grey 4 & 5 and a Sakura white gelly roll pen.

I am entering this card in to the following blog challenges:

Brown Sugar Blog Challenge- Anything Goes
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-51-anything-goes.html

Graph It Markers - Black Hair
http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/19-july-week-4-black-hair.html

The Squirrel and The Fox - Use Something Spooled
http://www.thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-48-use-something-spooled.html

The Crafter's Cafe - Anything Goes
http://www.crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-21-anything-goes.html

That Craft Place - It's A Girl Thing
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/new-challenge-its-girl-thing.html










27 comments:

  1. Love the colours and those feathers are fabulous, thanks for joining us at Graph It Marker challenge, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen
      That's lovely of you to say so
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow beautiful card, so bright and zingy and I love the feathers!
    Thanks so much for joining our colour challenge at the Graph'it Marker blog!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cara, that's so lovely of you to say so.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  3. The colour combination is amazing, a stunningly beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cass, a lovely compliment & I really appreciate it
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Card. Great to have you joining Our challenge at Brown Sugar. Thanks and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  5. wow what a lovely card, gorgeous image and I love the bright zingy colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at Graph'It Colour Challenge this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment,
      I appreciate every one.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  6. What a lovely card Love the vibrancy of the green and orange together.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog
    Hugs
    Kelly - DT
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly, there is only the top that "Apple Thyme" wears that is orange, the feathers, netting & everything else are red.
      I know its a problem getting the right photos to show the card off properly.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh my this is lovely.

    I love the image and the feathers.

    Great rocker card.

    Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar.

    Good luck

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracey for the lovely compliment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  8. love this bright girly card, thanks for joining us at That Craft Place x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey, that's lovely of you to say so!
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  9. Very, very pretty. Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate your lovely comment,
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  10. Such a sweet card, super design, thank you for joining us at Crafters Cafe

    Hugz Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alex.
      I appreciate every single comment
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I love your card hun. Thank you for joining in with this weeks challenge over at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge blog.

    Hugs Rossi (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Rosica,
      I appreciate every word
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  13. Wow, this is a fantastic creation, I am dig gin' those feathers! Thanks so much for joining us at Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Faye,
      I appreciate your lovely comment, thank you so much!
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  14. Such a sweet image and I love those feathers too!! Thanks so much for joining us at Graph'it Marker Challenges! Simonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya SemSee,
      Thank you for such a lovely comment.
      I appreciate every word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.